Campus and intra-campus mail is sorted by hand. Following these steps will help get your mail to its destination more quickly.
Campus and Intra-campus Mail
- Use the red and white #10 envelope whenever possible. Fill out the address completely. Always include the department, building and campus.
- When using the campus 9 1/2 x 12 inch string-tie envelope, always include the department, building and campus in the address.
- Type or machine print all address information.
- If handwriting the address, print the address in block letters, not cursive.
- Boxes for other IU campuses must have a complete mailing address including: city, state and ZIP code.
To IUPUI: Mail going to IUPUI is delivered by courier each workday and must be received and sorted at mail services by 8 a.m.
To other IU campuses: Mail addressed to the remaining campuses is delivered by USPS Priority Mail using Redbag service. This mail must be received and sorted at mail services by 3 p.m. In general, it takes 2 days for Redbag mail to reach the other campuses. We cannot guarantee USPS delivery time.
Each workday intra-campus mail addressed to the other campuses is sorted and packaged for mailing via the Redbags. Once the redbags are weighed and have postage affixed, they are transported to the Bloomington Post Office.